As a student, you always have to multi task and manage different assignments at the same time. You have to juggle between assignments, quizzes, projects, tests and all things related all while worrying about the deadlines. Granted, some projects and assignments are shorter and don’t take as much time as others, but it doesn’t mean that you aren’t stressed about them.
Managing multiple assignments along with worrying about their deadlines can be stressful, so it’s important that you make a schedule and be organized when it comes to working on your assignments. Here are a few ways in which you can take a little load off yourself while working on your assignments.
- Make a list of all the homework assigned to you. Write down the names of all the assignments, their deadlines or completion dates and post this list somewhere you can see all the time. This will not only serve as a reminder, but will also help you realize your duties. You can also use a calendar to mark down the deadline, so you can keep track of how many days you are left with before your assignment deadline ends.
- The next thing you can do to improve your assignment handling is to write down exactly how much time you think each assignment will take. Give yourself a little extra time for each assignment as the chances of you running into distractions are high. By writing down the time required for each assignment, you can make yourself sit down and work on the assignment no matter what. Give yourself some extra time in case there is a delay. By giving a certain amount of time to each assignment, you start to expect results from yourself.
- Make a do to list based on each assignment’s deadline. Start working on the assignment that has the nearest deadline. And then once that is done, start working on the assignment whose deadline comes second. Make sure to give yourself at least two days extra for each assignment before the due date so you can make any sudden changes or variations that you might like without stressing out due to time restraint.
- Work on your assignments with your friends. Working with other people can not only help share the workload, but it can also be fun. You can hang out with friends and work on your assignments as well. And it can also help to have 2 or more people coming up with ideas for your assignment. Brainstorming sessions can help the quality of your assignment by a long shot. Working with friends can not only be extremely helpful, but also fun.
- Keep the conversation going with your teacher regarding your assignment. Ask your teacher if there is any problem with your assignment or if you have trouble understanding it. Communication is the key, and it can also help the teacher ease up to you. Inform them about any problem you are facing and get their help. You never know, seeing your dedication might make your teacher give you an extension and a good grade.
I hope you now know how to manage multiple assignments and have a better understanding of multitasking when it comes to deadlines and homework.